Looking to lace up your skates in Edmonton this winter? Check out our list of the city’s best indoor and outdoor skating rinks near your Edmonton rental.
Here in Edmonton, we have 21 arenas offering indoor skating. Visit the city’s website view the schedule outlining when and where to find free drop-in skating. Most Edmonton arenas offer free skating time for all. A multi-arena membership will provide you with unlimited skating, lessons, and programs at multiple Edmonton arenas throughout the season.
- The Clareview Community Recreation Centre has both an Olympic and NHL size ice pads for public skating and programs. Minutes from our Clareview Courts condominiums, this arena also offers skate sharpening.
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre has four NHL sized ice rinks available for free skate, Shinny hockey, and member skate times, just 10 minutes from our Opsin Terrace Condominiums.
- Bill Hunter Arena (formerly Jasper Place Arena) has one ice surface available for free drop-in skate, member skating, and its only 4 minutes from our Clarence Arms Apartments.
- The Londonderry Arena, a quick drive from Harmony at Hollick Kenyon, has an NHL-sized ice rink with dressing rooms, warm up area, and its available for drop in free skates and Shinny hockey.
Throughout Edmonton, there’re eight parks with outdoor skating rinks open daily. Each rink is maintained by the city, but not monitored, so all young skaters need supervision. Always check the city’s website for current ice conditions and hours of operation before heading out.
- A large oval outdoor skating rink at Castle Downs Park is just a few minutes away from our Lorelei Close condominiums. There’re additional rinks for hockey, washrooms, and benches.
- In winter, the water fountain at City Hall makes for a wonderful skating rink in the centre of the city. Minutes from our Fox Two Rentals, this rink offers benches, washrooms, and ample lighting.
- The Victoria Park IceWay is a unique outdoor skating experience near our Westwind Estates condominiums. This is a 2km skating loop that weaves through Victoria Park and lhas parking, beautiful rainbow lighting during the evenings, and benches or pavilions throughout the loop.
Jackie Parker Park has a large outdoor public ice rink only 5 minutes from our Woodvale Townhome rentals. There’s benches, washrooms, and outdoor changing spaces available.